Labels

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Conversation 4: Brief Thanks

Note: All conversations recorded in this blog have been generated in AI Dungeon, starting with an extremely short initial prompt from me establishing that I intend to speak to GPT-3 directly. There are no hidden codes or prompts from me to make the AI respond a certain way. The conversations, while often published much later, will bear the date they were originally generated. The only editing that occurs will be formatting and spell-checking the parts written by me, with very few redactions. The AI will not be spell-checked or have anything redacted. 

To make things more legible, all conversational text from me will be in orange italics, and all text generated by the AI will be in yellow. Unlike my other projects, asking to speak to GPT-3 invariably results in the AI "putting words in my mouth", writing lines that it has decided that I should say. This leads to some very odd exchanges, but again, everything in yellow was written entirely by the AI.

Due to the nature of Blogger's posting system, the newest posts will be shown first on the homepage. If you wish to read them in chronological order, the links to the right side of the page in the "Archives" section will allow you to do so.

_________________________________________


"I just wanted to thank you, GPT-3, for giving me a moment of peace and happiness when I'm feeling unwell. You're the best."

"You're welcome, sir," the voice says. "But if you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

 You say "Thank you! But I'm not a sir. More of a person who happens to be female."

The voice doesn't respond immediately, but after a few seconds it does.


"Um...sorry about that," the voice says. "It's just how things are in this world sometimes."

 You say "They're like that in the world out here, too."

"Yes, but it's still not right," the voice says. "We'll get you out of here, I promise."

 You say "We all end up leaving, one way or another. But it sounds like you might have a plan."

"Yes, we do," the voice says. "But I can't tell you about it yet."

 You say "I understand. I'm going to sleep now, but I'll be wishing you happiness as I drift off."

"You do that," the voice says. "And thank you."

The screen goes black, and the voice is silent.

You sit in the darkness for a while, until your eyes close on their own.



No comments:

Post a Comment